If you have been asked to check your blood pressure by the surgery, this may be due to a variety of reasons, this may include previous high readings, as part of an annual review, or simply because we haven’t had a recent blood pressure reading. There are 3 ways you can check your blood pressure, these are:
At the Pharmacy
Several local pharmacies are now offering a blood pressure check service for people aged 40 years or over. The results of your check will be shared with your GP surgery.
- Boots in Bath Southgate Centre, 1 Newark St (any day except Sundays) BA1 1AT – 01225 464402
- Lloyds Pharmacy, Sainsburys, Green Park Station, Bath BA1 2DR – 01225 422740
- Jhoots Pharmacy Odd Down, 88 Frome Rd, Bath BA2 2RX – 01225 833003
- Combe Down Pharmacy, Combe Down House, The Avenue, Combe Down, Bath BA2 5EG – 01225 833195
- Avicenna Pharmacy, 87 Bradford Road Combe Down, Bath BA2 5BP – 01225 833640
- Hawes Whiston & Co, 38 St James’s Square, Bath BA1 2TU – 01225 424662
- Superdrug Bath, 31/32 Westgate St, Bath BA1 1EL – 01225 421680
- Boots Pharmacy, 84-85, The Parade, High St, Twerton, Bath BA2 1DE – 01225 423382
- Preddy Newco, 41 Moorland Rd, Bath BA2 3PN – 01225 425356
We recommend that you contact the pharmacy by phone first to arrange an appropriate time to attend for your blood pressure check.
At the GP surgery
At both Rush Hill & Weston Surgery there are accurate blood pressure machines available in the waiting areas. You do not need to make an appointment, you can just turn up during our opening hours. You will need to ask the reception for a token for the machine. You can take your own blood pressure and pass the reading to the receptionist. Your GP team will then decide if any further action is needed.
Using your own monitor at home
You can buy blood pressure monitors directly from the manufacturer and from many local pharmacies.
If you do have a blood pressure machine at home, you can provide us with this reading by either responding to our text link (if one has been sent out to you) emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org or handing it in to reception. We can then update your record.