Who do I see?
For information on how best to be seen at the Surgery, select the service or condition you require.
A Guide to our Appointments System
We are pleased to announce that alongside many other practices in Bath, we are taking part in a trial scheme of offering 24/7 Telephone access to booking an Appointment.
Now when you call the surgery, you will be given the option of pressing 1 to use the automated service to book an appointment with a doctor, or for a blood pressure or blood test with a the Health Care Assistant.
To use the automated service, when you call the practice, select option 1.
- You will then be prompted for either Rush Hill (Option 1) or Weston (Option 2).
- Then enter your date of birth in the format of DDMMYY.
- Then enter your phone number. This can be your land line or mobile, as long as it is a number you have registered with the practice.
- You can then choose to book: a routine GP appointment, an urgent GP appointment, a phone call from a GP or book a Blood Test or Blood Pressure Check.
- You can book appointments, on-line, via the telephone or in-person. Note appointments can now be booked on the phone 24/7 via our new automated system.
- We offer routine pre-bookable face to face and telephone appointments. So that we are able to offer the best possible continuity of care, we encourage our patients to try and book appointments with your usual GP. Generally speaking, patients are able to book appointments up to 8 weeks in advance.
- Same day appointments are available for any urgent conditions. Please call as early as possible in the day if you require an urgent appointment.
- If you are unable to make your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible, so that we can offer the appointment to another patient. Thank you.
- If you require urgent GP care when the surgery is closed, please call NHS 111.
Rush Hill Appointments call 01225 446087
Weston Appointments call 01225 446089
Generally between 8:30am and 11:30am then 3:00pm to 5:30pm Monday to Friday. ;
For patients unable to make it at these times for example due to work commitments, we also offer additional Extended Access Hours with the doctor
Monday 6:30pm to 7:30pm
Tuesday 6:30pm to 7:30pm alternate weeks
Monday 7:30am to 8:00am
Tuesday 6:30pm to 7:30pm
Generally between 8:15am and 12:30pm and 1:00pm to 5:00pm.
For patients unable to make it at these times for example due to work commitments, we also offer additional Extended Access Hours with the practice nurse as follows:
Monday 6:30pm to 7:15pm
Tuesday 6:30pm to 7:15pm
Our nursing team is made up on practice nurses and health care assistants.
You should see the health care assistant for:
- New Patient checks
- NHS Health checks
- Blood Tests
- Blood Pressure checks
- Immunisations and vaccinations (Flu, Pnuemonia, Shingles & Vitamin B12)
- Ear Syringing
You should see the practice nurse for:
- Asthma, CHD & Hypertension check
- Dressings and wound management
- Travel health and vaccinations
- Suture removal
- Cervical smears
- Childhood Immunisations
- Immunisations and vaccinations (Flu, Pnuemonia, Shingles, Vitamin B12, Depo provera, Zoladex, Prostap)
- Ear Syringing (15 mins per ear)
- Health checks (15 mins)
Routine and Same Day Appointments
All appointments are pre-bookable.
You can phone or come into the practice to make an appointment or book on-line.
We encourage patients to see the same Doctor whenever possible to improve continuity of care.
You will be seen the same day if you feel you have a serious problem that can not wait, though please be aware that last minute appointments often make other patients wait longer to be seen.
We also offer the facility of ‘telephone consultations’. To book one of these appointments use the appointments numbers and request a slot with the doctor of your choice. The GP will then contact you at a pre-arranged time but please ensure that we are given the correct contact telephone number.
In Hours Urgent Treatment and Emergencies
Emergency cases are given priority, and will be seen the same day, but not necessarily by your usual doctor. Please call as early as possible (after 8:00am).
You can book appointments online 24/7! Please ask at Reception if you would like to use this facility. For security reasons, you need to collect your user name and password in person.
Appointments are available on-line for doctors and the nursing team.